Friday, 5 March 2010

I don't know who you are

It's been an awful long time since I last posted here.
I've been drinking so much that it's almost difficult to figure out what I need to post about.
I can't remember what happened at Boogie the day after my last post. It can't have been that exciting.
Either way, at some point over the past few weeks, Laura and I decided to venture to Propaganda for once, for a change of scenery. We met Cat and Charlie there, who we spent the entire night with on the metal floor - which was fantastic. Laura pulled some boy who was not-too-bad looking. I, however, did nothing other than talk to Alex outside afterwards. He was with Ross, and Micie, who looked unimpressed that I was talking to her "friend". I added Alex on Facebook when I got home, I don't think we even talked for a while. I can't remember when I even saw him next after that.
Time's been going so fast and I can't keep track of what's happening when.
Turns out that Alex is a good friend of Kenresa's, and so whenever Kenresa's about, Alex is too. So, last week at Boogie, I hung out with all three of them for a bit, ended up with Ross' tie, walked home alone. One of Jonny D's friends, Bertie, found me moping on the stairs at about 4am, and kept me company. Kissed me. Ended up falling asleep with my in my room at 7:30am. Nothing exciting happened. Mere kissing.
The following Saturday was a Tone Radio fundraiser over at Park campus, which I went to with Jess. Alex was there, and so we spent a lot of time with him and Kenresa. He complimented my shoes. When we were all inside, gathered around a table, I was sort of leaning against his chair, which lead to me sitting on the chair between his legs. I squeezed his knee a little bit, and he responded by squeezing me with his legs. It was kinda cute. I gave him my scarf as we were leaving, just tied it round his neck. Apparently, Ross wasn't pleased about this because I have his tie. Jess and I got the taxi back with Alex, Kenresa and Estelle. Alex sat in front of me, and I held his hand sneakily the entire drive back to Pittville. Jess told me a lot earlier in the night that Alex had been sleeping with Micie for a while, but Alex seemed to have a lot to say against her when she came up in conversation.
Nothing really happened until this week's Boogie, to which I went with Hayley and Martin, for once. We went down to the SU first, where Micie and her friend accosted Martin when Hayley was talking to Jodie. I thought I'd be kind, and save Martin by standing with him. Micie took this as a sign to start talking to me, which she did. She wouldn't stop talking. She told me to add her on Facebook so that she could invite me to her birthday party, but I figured she just wanted to keep an eye on me.
We left to go to Boogie, and spent a long time drinking and dancing. I saw Alex upstairs playing Blackjack, and went over and said hello. We talked very briefly, and then I told him I must be off, and promised to see him later, with a quick kiss on the cheek. More drinking and dancing ensued. Hayley and Martin left relatively early, since Martin had gotten himself horrendously drunk and wanted to go to bed. I have absolutely no idea where I went for the next half hour, but I soon came across Alex, Kenresa, Estelle and Micie. Alex didn't really say a lot to me, and I later said to Kenresa that I thought he was avoiding me. I then let slip that I rather like him, and she hastily went to tell Alex that I thought he was avoiding me. He came over and told me that he wasn't avoiding me, but he'd just had a shit week, so I let him get on with it a bit. We all ended up dancing a bit, and Micie kept really obviously dancing between me and Alex, which was just stupid.
Boogie finished, I got a taxi home with Jess and Naomi and explained the whole Alex thing to them. Jess told me the next day that Micie had called her crying at 5:30am saying that she was going to Bournemouth on Thursday, and didn't want me to get with Alex at Props. Like it's any of her business.
Alex messaged me afterwards, telling me he kept trying to get rid of Micie and she wouldn't leave him alone, and he was disappointed that she kept dancing between us because he really wanted to see more of me.
I didn't go to Props, but it seems that would've been my only ever oppertunity to get hold of Alex without Micie keeping her hawk-eye on me. What's meant to be, I guess.
I spoke to Alex on Facebook on Friday evening, and he said that he was going to be playing poker in the SU later, and asked if I was going to go down there. I told him I would, and asked Jess nicely if she'd come down with me. She did. And the SU was dead, except for those playing poker, and Micie, who was hanging around Alex like she'd die otherwise. Jess and I had a few drinks, and Micie thought it was a good idea to come and talk to us for a bit. She kept talking to me though, specifically me, and even Jess pointed out later that she was talking to me a bit too much. Like she was trying to suss me out.
The SU slowly filled up; Erin came in with some of her friends, Nik, Tom and Steve came in after their radio show, Josh, Kirsty and Cloey and their lot came down as well. Made Jess and I look a bit more popular as we had people to talk to, someone else to sit with. It got later and loads of people left, until only a few of us were left while Alex cleaned up after the poker. I went to the toilets and met Josh outside on the way. We hugged several times, confessed our love for each other, and walked off. Chaz kicked us all out of the SU a few minutes later, and we all walked over to Sayer. Josh invited us all up to his room to watch The Land Before Time. Josh, Jess, Martyn and some girls went up to Josh's room, leaving me, Alex, Micie, Nik and Tom outside. Alex said he wanted to, but made excuses and said he had to go home, started walking away, and Micie followed him. So I wasn't too pleased. I walked back to Riley alone, and sat on the wall outside for about 5 minutes and shed a few tears. Then I decided I didn't want to be alone in my room, and headed back to Sayer, where Martyn was standing by the door talking to Tom and Nik. I went up to Josh's room with Martyn, where Jess came to the door and asked me if I was okay. I said I was, but clearly I wasn't, because I got a bit teary. She told me to go sit in the common room with her, and I sat on her lap and explained that Micie had followed Alex home. I was really very teary at this point, but she calmed me down and we went to watch The Land Before Time.
I left at 1am because of the early morning on Saturday, and sent Alex a message when I got in saying that I thought he wanted to see me, and I was disappointed that he'd gone off with Micie. Half an hour later, I thought I was bossing him about a bit much, so I sent him another one telling him to ignore the previous message and that he could do what he liked. I went to bed, and woke up a few hours later to a longggg message in response. He started it by telling me how cute the messages were, and that he knew how bad it must've looked that Micie followed him home. He assured me that he's firmly told her to piss off, and went into this big long novel about their past and such. He added, in the middle, that at one point during his game of poker, he tried to lose all his chips so that he could come to talk to me, which was adorable. He also said that he wanted to come and watch the film with us, but since Micie was there, he didn't want to cause any drama. He apologised, though.
Bournemouth, though! Martin drove us down there; me, him, Hayley and Hana. We spent loads of time on the beach, we had some fish and chips, went for a coffee, played with the penny machines and all sorts. It was nice to get away from everything, spend time with the Riley lot. Change of scenery. We agreed that we'd do it more often.
It's been hectic. And this was one hell of a blog post. Til next time.

When you're sleeping in someone else's bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment